ref: bread-coconut-barfi-0 title: Bread Coconut Barfi author: Shonali tags:
- Sweet image: true time: 60 category:
- Dessert ingredients:
- name: amount: unit: 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- name: amount: unit: 1 cup milk
- name: amount: unit: 2 cups grated coconut
- name: amount: unit: 1 cup sugar
- name: amount: unit: 4 tbsp Ghee
- name: amount: unit: 1 tsp cardamom powder
- name: amount: unit: 20 chopped Almonds a few halved to garnish —
- Soak bread crumbs in milk for about 10 minutes.
- Combine coconut and sugar, stir over a low fire till the sugar melts.
- Add the soaked breadcrumbs and stir till well mixed (for about 5 to 7 minutes). Add chopped Almonds , cardamom powder and ghee and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Spread into a greased baking tin and allow to cool. Cut into desired shapes and garnish with half cut Almonds and serve.
You can use cashew instead of almonds.